Wednesday, February 27, 2013


   Today my grand-daughter, Deidre, and her friend Zia, who is going to school at Pratt, took Tess out for a walk.  They are all full of spit fire and opinions and Jordan went over how they were to take Tess down the stairs twenty times.  Tess has been very quiet and good, just "watching" the girls.  And of course they did great, and Tess was just fine, actually, more than happy. It's funny the young and the "smart" of it all. Each age has their qualities.  The little want to get big, and the big want to get bigger, and the old want to be young!
  As if we can defy death. A friend of mine just told me that her son and his wife and grandson are moving up to the bay area.  She said she is not going to follow them.
  "Ii have to live my own life" she said.  "I can't just move up to the baby area.  Besides, it's cold up there.  I like the sun, I like the warmth."
   That's the choice for all of us, isn't it?  How do we live our own lives?  What is our process of staying connected and yet independent?  Well, I don't think its Facebook or Twitter or Tumbler.  It's life, living, breathing, connected life. Yet how we do that is the question, the big question.

No comments:

Post a Comment