Monday, February 18, 2013

Going skiing and moving out of Brooklyn!

   Jordan's aunt called from Memphis and said that there was an article about how young families are moving out of Brooklyn.  It's too expensive. Duh!
  Jordan showed me an ugly apartment for $3400. It made me sick.
  Meanwhile my youngest child, Bernard, who lives in Long Beach, Ca., is taking my 3 other grand children skiing. They are 13, 8, and 5 and boys.  It's a big job.
  He's also planning the summer in Tahoe with all the kids.  Jordan said she couldn't think about coming now.  For several years she organized the trip, paid for the house, and took care of the grandchildren.  She's in a different space now.
    She's exhausted, no sleep for months.  I feel the same way and I haven't had her position.  I think she should go to Tahoe, but we'll have to talk about it in a better space.

No comments:

Post a Comment