Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's Raining! Hospitals and Parkinsons

  
    Is this funny.  My 18 year old grand daughter is here with her 4 month old cousins, Gigi and Tess.  She's on her way to volunteer in Peru and I watched her with her two little cousins today.  She was so good, it blew me away.  I could see her father and her mother in her and I could see how fast and good she was.  It made me cry because her father died four years ago.  I felt him in her in a different way than I had before. Here was my beautiful grand daughter going off to Peru on her own! Wow. Wow. WOw.

   I had some sort of a reaction to my Parkinson medication I took last night-I do have Parkinsons and I veer between the holistic approach and the medical approach.  But I had terrible dyskonesia all night, etc.  We wound up going to the emergency room at Cornell. I have no neurologist here in NY and at  Cornell they would not let me see a neurologist, nor would they say anything about the medication I took.  They gave me a sheet and told me to make an appointment at the clinic.  The clinic would not anyone until April.

  Here you are in this big city that is buildings and highways, and its scary.  I didn't want to go to the hospital of Long Island College because its something out of the fifties.  I saw all of these old scared people wobbling in and out of the hospital.. This is where Gigi and Tess were born, the maternity ward, a place of happiness.  But a lot of hospitals is sadness and loss.  I never felt so pointless as I did coming back from Cornell.  Basically they wouldn't touch me with a 10 foot pole.  The attending physician said "they could have criminal charges waged against them."

   But in the end our bodies are human.  I guess as a friend said, I need to pray and meditate.  Pray for my soul and everyone else's, pray for this world, for us all.  I have 6 beautiful grand children, two children, and lots of love.

   It's funny because the girls seemed to have sensed something went on because when I cam back from the hospital they were crying like crazy and not their cheerful selves.  But by tonight they were better.

Good night and god bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment