Monday, February 4, 2013

Pete's Tavern, Cap 21, and the babies!

     I take the subway into Manhattan to meet an old friend from college and to see Unfinished Business at Cap 21 in Union Square.  It all seems very strange to me.  I've been cooped up with the little girls and now I am meeting Shelia and Karen (a friend of hers) at 5:30 pm and going to a play. Shelia looks great!  Her hair is short, she has on a great short fur coat and nice jewelry.  Shelia is not shy about her opinions and ever the great net worker.  She wants me to meet Eliza and Frank Ventura -she's told them about my work.  I stop at Nordstrom's Rack to find some boots, but alas there aren't any.
    We are in the tavern for over 2 hours and the topic we cover is everything from the girls to a 17 year old who has planned his funeral when he's 72 to death.  We talk of our bodies aging and becoming different and anxiety attacks.  I never had them but started to get them recently, and so has Shelia.  She says she meditates.  I am doing that too.   Sometimes the idea of just going places puts me into anxiety.  Karen is 50, she's just moved to NY and she doesn't want all this dreary talk.  I understand.
    Sometimes when I look at the little girls I cannot believe that they can ever have any sadness or harm.  But even now one, or both of them will get sad. Jordan is working so hard, on all fronts, and she said her world is now this little room and work.
     We go to Cap 21 and see Unfinished Business by Karen Mason.  She's a great singer and her piece
really touched me.  Right now it is a work in progress and the script is changing. It seems like a late night when I go home on the subway, which Karen directs me too.  As I walk home it all feels very lonely to me.  But when I get to the apartment I want to hug and kiss the little girls.
     They are what's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment