Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day and the Babies Get a Bath, NY Rents!!

   It is Valentines day.  Happy hearts day to you.  It is a mixed day for me.  I lost my eldest son 4 years ago on Valentines Day.  He has 4 children.  I had gone to a grief group one a week pretty much for 3 years, but after I hurt my back I hadn't driven to Pasadena for the group and then I came to NY.
  So I found myself bursting out crying on the 13th, I didn't post yesterday.  I was just too sad.  And today, I can do it.  Not that I didn't cry. It just pops or spurts out of you.  I went to lunch with a friend, we had a good chat, and then I came back to the girls. I was going to yoga, but decided against it.  The girls, Tess and Gigi, dressed in their Valentines finest were half crying, half playing. I spent some time with them and their nanny Madge.  She gave them a bath in a little plastic tub and neither girl cried.  She washed their heads, their bodies, their little feet.  I really expected Gigi to squak, but she didn't.
   I'd seen an apartment yesterday, it was in Boerhm Hill across from the projects and they wanted $3000 a month. The apartment was 1180 square feet, one big room at top about 15 x 18 and you went down steps to a hallway where they had a desk and two bedrooms.  The bedrooms were dark because the windows  were in a well and there was a cover over it.  It wasn't horrible, but something that should be about 1600, not $3000.  And the houses next to it were rather seedy.  They want 200-to 280 for a garage.  I essentially told the agent I didn't know why people lived in NY-they seemed to struggle for so little.  It just didn't seem like a good neighborhood for the girls, and there was nothing magical about the apartment.
   On the other hand, Jordan's loft is a huge room, 42 x 12, with a small bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom off of it. It has great light, high ceilings, a brick wall, and hardwood floors.  I was so happy to get back to her apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment