Saturday, January 26, 2013

Somewhere Over the Rainbow", car seats, and "Baby Einstein!"

       It's 7:19 pm, the girls, Tess and Gigi, are getting their night time bottle and we are playing children's lullabies, in particular "Somewhere...."  Jordan wants a routine, the lights are put on low, TV's off, and music plays.  In between burps, we swaddle and change them.
       We have Tess and Gigi in their car seats-they seldom go anywhere in a car since Jordan doesn't have a car!  But we discovered they love their car seats more than the crib!  When they both got sick at 3 weeks old, we put them in the car seats because it elevated their chests.  Now we don't even put them in the crib.
       Aside from being in a bouncy chair (these bouncy chairs are sort of ugly but they throb and have little toys hanging off a bar for the girls to try and touch), or on their tummies on "baby Einstein," they are in the car seats.
      "How long can they stay in them?" Jordan asks my friend Mary who has a 15 month old grandson.
      "Until 6 months" Mary answers. "And then you'll have to change your habits".  The two girls sit there, their big eyes staring at us and drinking their bottles.
      Last night they slept from 9:30 until 5am!  We are impressed.  However yesterday one of them was fussy or crying all day.
      It snowed last night and neither Jordan or I have good boots for the snow.  I looked for some when we were in Memphis, but couldn't find any that fit my feet.  But we do have the down carriers called 7am at two hundred dollars a pop for the girls.
      When I got out today I saw two of these outfits.  You can put children in them from 3 months to 5 years.  It fits into a car seat or a stroller and you can literally take them out in their pajamas!
      I want to go to a movie, but it doesn't start until 6:10, Lincoln, so I settle for the bookstore.  I fantasize about leaving and having my own schedule.  The futon is getting old, and sleeping in the loft is getting tiring, and I can't be a Oma Nanny forever.
      


No comments:

Post a Comment