Monday, January 28, 2013

I am free at last! -No Polyps and Baby A and B!

     Last night was torture!  I hate everything about colonoscopies except being told that "I was cancer free and no polyps!"  Yea, now I have to figure out my life.
     It's amazing how free you feel when you are told that you don't have the "BIG C"-I do have diverticulitis, but that's livable.  I was reborn. I saw the world in a new light. However as the day wore on my frustration about what I was getting done multiplied.  Jordan says I'm working on too many projects, that I need to just concentrate on one-that's how people are successful!  She's a boss at work and she's good at telling people what to do.  However, her version of "me" is not necessarily me.
     Her friend, John came over on Sunday.  He was going to help us move furniture and visit with the babies.  I knew where I'd place my futon-bed, but Jordan wasn't sure she wanted to do it, so nothing happened.
     "Do you remember the Pottery Barn caper?" I ask John. This was a huge deal. Before the babies were born around October 19, we go to Cornell to check with Jordan's doctor, (she's fine but they still won't do a C section until October 29th.) I don't see how Jordan can get any bigger and still walk, but I keep my opinions to myself.  They are called "baby A" and "baby B". We go to a dark room and the technician puts goop on Jordan's stomach, using the ultrasound to figure out where they are.  Baby A, who Jordan named Tess, is on the bottom of her womb.  "She stays put" mom. Now baby B, Gigi, is on top and flips all over the place.  I try to make out the babies, Jordan has ultrasound pictures at home where you can pretty well she their faces. Tess has a different nose and possibly lips than Gigi. 
     But here I see nothing.  I start to go to sleep. When we're finished we walk 2 blocks to Le Pain Quotidien for breakfast.  "My treat" Jordan says.
     I say no, but she insists.
     After breakfast we take another cab to Pottery Barn. Jordan had ordered a changing table and top, as well as a fragrance less top.  Pottery Barn kept on messing up the orders, sending the wrong color, etc. Jordan lectured them and they gave her full credit because of all the trouble.  Now she was going to try and find a rocker.  We tested all the rockers, high back, low back, etc. Finally for $1200 dollars Jordan picked out a high back rocker with linen stripped upholstery. It took an hour for the gentlemen to finish our order.
     "I wanted everything to be just right"  he tells us.  It will be ready the second week in December."  It seems so far away.  
      We leave there and take a cab to a household goods store. Jordan wants a trash bin for the kitchen, pots and pans, and I suggest a sweeper. We look around, can't really find anything, and finally give up and buy 2 pans.  They are not a set.
      "We need to get going, the car will be here" Jordan tells me as we wait to be checked out. We'd taken a car service into the city-40 bucks a pop, plus 10, then 12 to get around.
    The car service is out there, but the sales lady can't figure out the price-it's a sample!
    We keep waiting for the manager to come over, and finally she goes to the second floor to check the price.  I run outside to connect with the car driver.  He's waiting by the curb in a black SUV.
      Finally jordan comes out and we get in the town car.
      "Cobble Hill" Jordan tells him.  It seems like such a huge, expensive $100 in cabs for a few pots I could have popped into Pottery Barn in LA in 10 minutes.
    C'est la vie, c'est la guere!

No comments:

Post a Comment