Tuesday, March 19, 2013

PS 29, The Invisible Dog, and Ohhh a baby crying!-

  I was invited by Sidney to a function, a fund raising function for PS 29 at the Invisible Dog.  This is one of those local neighborhood schools that the children go to and the fund raiser was being held at a local art gallery.  I didn't get there until 9pm because we were putting down the babies. Almost everyone was dressed in NY black, the music was blaring, the room really hot, and the drinks were flowing.  It was hard to talk to one another without screaming.  I saw Nan, and her advertising husband Brian for a minute.  They are a very lively young couple, very bright, and Nan had on her Wizard of Oz red plastic shoes with an otherwise black outfit.  Most of the women were dressed in black and the drinks were flowing.  I think I was the only grandmother there!  I stayed for a few minutes, chatted a little, saw Sidney, who had her hair up and then came back.  I couldn't help but think about my ex and our days of these sorts of parties.  Pregnancy, childbirth, schools, houses, soccer games-trying to raise a family and conquer the world. I couldn't help but wonder what time might bring-who would have to go into rehab, who would sleep with someone else, who would split up, and yes, who might die.  At this stage no one thinks of death except maybe one's parents are not in the best of shape.  Since I had no obligation to stay, and wouldn't be missed, I was free to go.  I'd been out, had a nice walk, and went back to the house.  We went to bed around 11 pm but I couldn't sleep.

 Ohh my gosh. I think my head will explode. I didn't sleep well last night and then to top it off the babies were crying and crying, especially Tess, who just stopped after an hour. I hate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment