Saturday, March 2, 2013

Babies, sleeping, crying and trust!!

   Oh dear, the twins have not been sleeping.  Oh the books on sleep Jordan has-quiet baby, peaceful sleep! Something like that-the debate is whether or not to let them cry. There are those that advocate the let them cry method and those who say letting them cry will break their trust and then they will not be as open.  I see the point.  Why should you break their trust?
   When people say you have to break bad habits it reminds me of a baby nurse who came when they were 3 weeks old and said you shouldn't hold them too much or they would get spoiled.  How ridiculous!  How totally stupid.
  Well, that was the end of that baby nurse.  But the problem with twins is that you are ganged up on.  One goes down and the other one starts up.  Jordan is getting no sleep, jumping up and running to work.  It's too much.  She can't keep this up or she will be completely depleted.  I think we're both depleted.  I know I am.  I was up last night and I was so out of it today, I could hardly think.
  Babies are relentless in their energy.  And parents have so many different duties, its hard not to give in here and there.
  ANd we are only human after all.
Dierdre went to Peru today with her friend Zia.  She made a Tumbler blog for a friend and did such a great job.  ANd she is so good with the twins.  I pray for her safety in Peru.  She is volunteering there for 4 months, she'll be back in July.  She seems so young and innocent but she is so smart!  That's a oma for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment