Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pre School for 20 month old twins in Cobble Hill $100,000 a year before taxes!

     It has been more than a month since I've blogged.         I've been in a funk.  I can't decide what to do, where to go.  I am the immigrant in New York, and as I tell my daughter, not a New Yorker.
     The bloom is off the rose, the girls are bigger, and I must face my life. This is not my house, I am not really a nanny, and they are 17 months in a few days.  It is not easy for one generation to live with another one and it's still cold here.  It was around 60 yesterday afternoon, and today it's in the forties.  I find it hard to believe for the end of March that there is to be snow on Tuesday.  It's 80 in California.
     The girls are now competitive.  Tess is clinging to Jordan and she has a fit to get her way.  Gigi is much more a light to the wind.  Her little face lights up and she is constantly in motion.  Tess used to be the twin on top who didn't move and down below Gigi was constantly in motion.
     Jordan met Jamie at the park today who has 20 month old twins, Emma and Rose.  There was not the flood of parents from yesterday where you could barely walk through Carroll Gardens Park as it was 60 degrees. Today its colder, but still the parents and their little ones venture out to discover the world. A few weeks ago when Jamie was over she talked about sending Emma and Rose to the Montesori pre-school to the tune of $60,000 for the two of them for a year.  
      "I'd have to get rid of my nannie and call up the school and beg for the girls to get off the waiting list. But I'm thinking, whoa…is this what I want? $100,000 a year before taxes?  And I think, hold on now Jamie…"
     Jordan said: "I'll hire college students to come in and teach them before I'll pay those kinds of salaries. It's ridiculous."
     The girls were all busy going in different directions.  Jamie's girls pretty much wander on their own.  Tess was clinging to Jordan and Gigi was running around with a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment