Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day

     I was crying a few hours earlier.  Valentines Day has become a mixed bag for me.  My eldest son, Richard, died of a suicide on Valentines day 6 years ago.  He had four young children.  So my feelings are all over the place today.  On the one hand Jordan's girls are darling and very busy and chatty.  I just see them and I get happy.  Jordan gave me some great pants, my favorite brand. It's warmer and the snow is melting, the sun shining.
     With this weather and the 3rd floor walk up, I dream of Los Angeles.  I dream of being at the beach with the girls in Laguna.  Jordan says she's never going to LA, that it isn't a good place to raise a young girl.
      I am like the European who comes to America but then wants to be back in the mother country.  So little Italy, Ireland, Spain, etc., is recreated in NY.  I am in Brooklyn, but I think of the West Coast and quote it all the time.  By being in a new place you can see the old place much clearer-the good and the bad.
     The girls made cards for Jordan, (they marked it with a marker Munroe stuck in her mouth).  And we made flour-salt balls to make molds of their hand.  It was quite a mess- Munroe squeezed her hand together twice in the flour-salt mixture, stuck some of the paste in her mouth and hated it.  I got Matisse's pretty easily, she let me push her hand into the mixture.  But then she screamed like a stuffed pig when I took it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment