Saturday, January 25, 2014

I Hate TEXTING!

   I am sick of all the texting and emailing.  Yes, it's good if you are in a meeting or a class, or you need to send a quick message. But as a regular means of communication-forget it.
Nobody wants to talk on the phone anymore. Everyone is into control and texting is a form of control. There is no voice intonation, no emotions, no responding to what the other person says.
     I remember when my eldest son, who was into the high tech world of silicon valley, converted his voice to text.  You would call to leave a message and it would say:"VOX is converting your voice to text!"  I would get so mad and leave him all my opinions on the phone.  Of course when it was converted to text,  all of my emotion was erased and I was white washed.   This avoidance of talking on the phone leaves so many relationships half empty.  All these texts back and forth-why?
     It seems like people are reluctant to communicate, to be vulnerable and uncomfortable with feelings. My brother said a recent study was done on college students and their ability to communicate is down 40%.  He said theres kids sitting right across from one another texting instead of talking.  I just can't stand it.
   And I got a new phone because my old one died and now I can hardly text because its a touch point whereas before I had a keyboard and I could really type on it. Now it repeats letters several times, skips, puts in the wrong letter. Once again, I HATE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment