Sunday, September 29, 2013

We Audition for an Apartment in PS 29 and Middle School Drama!

      Jordan found an apartment-two bedrooms, ground floor, remodeled, with bars on the front window and trash cans outside it, and a car in a parking space!  Oh yes, and it has 15x15 foot yard with astro turf!
      Oh yes, the asking price, $4500.  It makes me nuts, but Jordan went for it.  The owner, Italian, named Maria, came over to the real estate office to "check" us out.  Jordan didn't do much to present herself, but I put my lipstick and hat on and wheeled the girls around while Jordan filled out the papers.  Then Maria and the broker Phillip followed us to Carroll Gardens to "check us out more."  Maria also told Jordan she'd like to meet the nanny.  Maria's Catholic, so I brought up my Catholic roots and told her one of the nannies had sent her daughter to St. John's.  Maria's daughter is going to St. John's.  But about the apartment,
I'm pretty sure she'll get it!
      Meanwhile Sidney is back from Maine and she went with her ex to take their daughter, Grace, to a middle school open house.  
"We were like a bunch of gypsies going there.  Grace was pulling on her top and I was nervous!  I'd move back to Maine in an instant if I could, if my ex would cooperate!" (of course that is usually why they're an ex!)
"All of this pressure is just too much! I'm exhausted!"
     We just been over at PS 29 visiting Staci, Tom, and their two children, Heather and Ryan, and even though it was a Sunday, there were tons of children playing and running around the playground.  They'd gone up to Maine too to visit Sidney and we spoke of kids, Maine, and Fire Island.


No comments:

Post a Comment