Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 5, 2013

I'm back!  Okay, I took a vacation, went back to LA for a month and to Maine-god is it beautiful.

Everybody here goes out to the Hampton's, like high school, they all follow one another out there and then try and get into the same restaurants.  I always said LA is like high school, don't know why you are in or out.  

I've been so many different places I don't know if I'm in or out.  Tess and Gigi are wild girls now-10 months old.  They are both so active, no more little babies.  Still in our 3rd floor loft where the brownstones are selling for 3 and 1/2 million dollars.  The owner downstairs came up today to prove to us that the dishwasher works.  She said she ordered one 2 months ago, or 3 months ago, but no, she didn't.  Who knows about any of this stuff.

Everything is so damn expensive and I don't own a home now.  Jesus.  I feel out of touch with all this social media.  You are supposed to spend half your time on it, its crazy.  

We went up to Jordan's gorgeous house in Maine.  She says she's always felt like a misfit when we went to her parents house in Rye, New York.  I understand.  I do too.

One of our nannies, who is actually a sleep expert, wrote me and told me she is working for a very wealthy couple in NY.  They both work 12 hours a day, have two other nannies, cameras on them, etc.  I told her it sounds horrible, just horrible.

She's out in the Hampton's this summer and there until 2014.  But its a dull miserable life.

Jordan went to visit her brother on the opposite coast who is a venture capitalist.  He had no time for her, two night of the week she was there, and he wanted her kids to go to golf camp! They don't even like golf.  

In Maine though, life seems simple, real, and not that expensive, but cold as hell in winter.  There is not much to do except cross country or skiing.  You have to start your own business there, not too much business, but god is it beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment