Sunday, July 27, 2014

I'm Going Back to LA and the Bay Area for Three Weeks!

So many feelings and memories are coming up.  I am going back to the bay area, Los Gatos, for my grandson's graduation from grade school and the second grandson is graduating from middle school.  Everyone is getting bigger.  My youngest turned 40, oh my god.  And my oldest, not counting my son who died, has twins 19 months old at 45 as a single mom.  The other day we took two sets of twins to the Brooklyn Museum for Children.  We weren't sure we were going to make it, Gigi and Tess were getting tired and it wasn't even 9:30.  My friend Carol had been director of the museum for 12 years and had raised 8 million to run it.   She also has Parkinson's and we take classes at Mark Morris Dance Studio together.  She didn't make it to the museum, but when Amy pulled up in her station wagon and we got 4 car seats into the back, it was wild.  At least the weather was nice, not pushing around  a stroller in the snow.
"Oh Wow" Gigi said when she went inside the museum.  It was quite amazing with all these nooks, crannies, sandboxes, water falls, the twins were so happy.  It's fun to watch life through your grandchildren's eyes.  They are quite magical, but getting four toddlers in a mini van is not easy!  Amy and Jordan are "uber" mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment